Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Michael!!

As most of you know, Michael turned the big 4-0 today. I decided that the celebration needed to be a memorable occasion. So, I began to make plans and then put the plans into action...A surprise Luau barbecue in our backyard. This is Michael still in shock and me dressing him for the occasion:

I originally was going to have it today, his actual birthday. Then he decided to make some plans of his own. So, I had to move it to the day before and we ended up having two different celebrations, both of which were really fun. I must say that I was pretty amazed that the surprise was actually pulled off. He had no idea! I was happy all worked out and fun was had by all. We had some good food, great conversation, and even a little ukulele playing by Krista. We were both grateful for all the people that were able to make it.

On to his actual day...His plan was to go to The Mayan for lunch and then to see Prince Caspian afterwards. I hadn't been to The Mayan for a while and was pleasantly surprised. The food was a lot better than I remembered. And Prince Caspian was a good movie. (But, I still liked the book better. In anticipation of the movie, Michael and I decided to read it together.) Afterwards we had cake and ice cream. And when I say cake, I mean Michael's favorite--blueberry cheesecake. Yummy! It's a birthday tradition of Michael's family. I got the recipe from his Mom and have kept it up since we got married. I like traditions. It was a fun day.

9 comments:

Michael said...

Thanks for the awesome surprise party. (Even thought I told you I didn't want one! :) You are so thoughtful..and sneaky! It's part of your charm.

I love you!

Nancy said...

Umm...I have no recollection of you telling me you didn't want one! Did u really tell me that? I think you are just messing with me. That's part of YOUR charm...teasing. Yes, I realize that is in my repertoire as well. ;] I'm glad you had a good birthday. Sure do love you!

Chelsea Pickup said...

Im so sorry we couldnt make it. It sounds like you had a blast!

Marissa said...

Nancy you are so fun!! And I would have never thought 40. Really. You guys look like such a young couple! Happy Birthday! (belated)

Krista said...

What a sweet wife you are! You pulled the surprise off beautifully, even when he didn't end up going into work that day.

Thanks for inviting us, it's been fun hanging out with you guys!

P.S. How did I let you talk me into the ukulele?! I'm kinda embarrassed! Haha

Mrs. Walker said...

I love the flower bra. Looks like you got a bit wild!

Michael said...

For her, it's really not that wild....

Nancy said...

You aren't supposed to tell, Michael! ;] I saw the flower bra at the Dollar Store while buying stuff for the party and couldn't resist. It worked well, I thought. :]

Nikki A. said...

Where o' where have your coconuts gone? Sounds like you guys had a blast. Wish we could've been there. Maybe next year :) Krista, I want to hire you to teach me, lol. Love y'all!!!!