
Okay. I know some of you have never heard of Postum. But in my house it was a family favorite growing up. I remember many Halloween nights that included my Mom's infamous homemade Chili and a mug of Postum. Every year when Halloween comes around I crave a big warm mug full. Now for the sad news...they are no longer making it! I have about a third of a bottle left and then no more Postum. I can't find it in stores. I can't find it online for less than $30 a bottle (it used to sell for $4). What's a girl to do?! If anyone can find a bottle of this deliciousness and will give it to me, you will win 1,000 cool points and 5 gold stars! (I know! That would put you on the top of my list of ultimate cool people!) Now, a moment of silence for a fallen friend....
4 comments:
Ack! That's way too heartbreaking! I don't have any ideas, but I also heard that Mother's cookies is outta business (You know, pink circus cookies?). Bummer!
That sucks!
Wow. First Postum and now Mother's Cookies. What's next to go? Tang? Fruit roll ups? Is nothing sacred anymore?
Many a day in Kentucky I enjoyed some steamy Postum with a Milano finger cookie. Or two. Ahem. Those were the days . . .
I don't love postum, but I'll keep my eyes open for you. I do love ovaltine, but can't justify buying it right now. I will miss those circus cookies--that's so sad!
Post a Comment