Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Openhouse



Michael and I really enjoyed going to the Draper Temple Openhouse a few months back with my family and we decided we wanted to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Openhouse as well. Michael thought it would be fun to invite our friends Curtis and Lesslie whom Michael knows and have remained close with from his time living in Ogden. We enjoy getting together with them. They were up for it so Michael got online and arranged it. The experience did not disappoint. There was a short video presentation and then we took the tour of the temple. Afterwards there were cookies and water and a little mix and mingle where you can get more information about temples and enjoy additional artwork. I love the picture to my left in the picture below.



The temple was beautiful. I think my favorite thing about this temple was the picture of Jesus and John the Baptist in the Baptistry room. I've never seen that picture before. It was beautiful. The thing that surprised me the most was that the temple was not white on the outside. It is a light beige granite that was imported from China. Although it didn't detract from the beauty of the temple, it is a unique temple in that respect.

After the tour, we came back to our place and had a barbecue. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of you C & L! My brain was not with me that day. I also forgot the camera so I used my cell phone. The pics are a bit fuzzy but they work. We look forward to going back once the temple is dedicated and already have plans for another double date. Thanks for the fun guys!

If you are interested in taking a tour, here is a link to the Openhouse information and here is another link to additional information on the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. The tour is free and open to the public until August 1.

No comments: