Saturday, January 29, 2011

What I Want For My Daughter



I was checking out my google reader when I came across this short article quoting Matt Damon. The article states:

"...actor and former “Sexiest Man Alive” Matt Damon recently revealed what he likes in a woman.

“I can only speak to what attracts me. What attracted me to Lucy was her strength, her sense of herself. So I’d say don’t worry about what everybody else wants you to be. And don’t be afraid to be all those things I want for my daughters. There are always articles about what men want, but I guarantee you that any man worth his salt wants a woman who is smart and strong and secure in who she is.”


So what is it that he wants for his daughters? The same thing we all want for our kids, I’d guess.
“I want them to know that their decisions matter and that their actions matter,” the Bourne Identity star says. “I want them to have a sense of responsibility for the way they treat people. And I want to help them build an ethical framework with which to approach the world.”


I confess, I've never liked him much (other than in the Bourne movies). But I just may change my opinion of him after reading this article.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I want Sophia to be "strong and secure in who she is". I want her to know that she can be and do any thing she sets her mind to as long as she works hard. I want her to have a love of self and to be kind and good to others. I want so much for her. I just hope that I can be the mother she needs to make my dreams for her a reality.

I sure love our little gal and I am enjoying this ride of motherhood. My worst day as a stay at home mom is better than my best day as a work outside the home career woman!

3 comments:

Charms said...

Love it! And what you said about the worst day as a stay at home mom...so true. Whenever it gets hard you just think about putting on a headset and saying "Thank you for calling Jetblue...."

Nancy said...

Seriously! Much rather change a poopy diaper than deal with grouchy people. Also, every time there is a big snow storm or weather catastrophe, I think, "Man! I'm sure glad I'm not working at JB right now!"

mCat said...

This seals the deal for me with Matt Damon - although I do prefer taller men : )