Okay. I've decided to take another try at this. It felt great and I loved the feedback from people!
I confess...
When people post a response on someone else's blog that is nasty, rude, super opinionated or downright inappropriate and do so as "anonymous" instead of having the "balls" to own it as their own, it really makes my butt twitch and my ears boil. Hence why people don't have the ability to do so on my blog. I'm sure doing so makes it so some people don't or can't comment on my blog. But I'd rather that than allow some d-bag with a superiority complex to be able to speak his/her mind without having to own their words.
I confess...
I have a friend who is getting grief for not wanting to settle down and get married. She is only 19! This annoys me. She dates a lot but isn't serious about any one guy. She wants to do some things with her life before she settles down. She is still so young and has plenty of time! We were talking the other day about it and it reconfirmed to me that I am really happy I waited until I was older to get married. Granted, I didn't have as much control over this as that statement makes it sound. I dated plenty and had a couple of proposals but it just didn't feel right. Honestly, it would have been nice to get married a few years earlier (instead of 32 yrs old, maybe 28). But I'm so glad I didn't settle. I have such a great husband. Perfect for me. And I really feel like, because I had some amazing times as a single person, it has made me a better wife and mother. It has also made me appreciate my hubby and my daughter that much more. I lived on my own for many years, traveled across the world, lived in a couple of different states and in another country, met some people that will forever be my friends and had some fabulous experiences I never would have had if I got married at 18. (Now, I'm not mocking those who did. I'm saying...for me, it was great.) I'm glad I didn't give in to the pressure and marry the first person who proposed just because people told me I was supposed to get married.
I confess...
I haven't checked out my Google reader all week. I also haven't responded to a couple of messages on my blog. This makes me feel stressed. I feel like a lame friend. I will work on it.
I confess...
I love my daughter but sometimes I wish she was a little less high maintenance. She has had some health issues since birth which have caused some developmental delays. She is involved in an Early Intervention program and has a physical and eye therapist who come to the house twice a month. They then give me exercises to do with her every day. That, on top of her 5 doctors, I sometimes feel a wee bit overwhelmed. She is getting better and every day she is learning and getting stronger. I just had no idea that being a Mom would be so hard. But I love her with everything in me. And, if given the chance, wouldn't change her or things for the world! I have learned so much about so many things I never would have known if not for her issues. I have also become a much stronger person because of it. Sure do love my little gal!
I confess...
We still have our Christmas tree up. Yes. Truly. I'm having a hard time putting it away. Last year, with Sophia in the NICU and being born early, we didn't even have a Christmas tree. It has been nice having one this year.
Well, that's probably enough for this week. Stay tuned next week for another installment. Want to play along? Head over and link up with Mamarazzi and/or Glamazon, grab the button, add it to your Confessional post and then link it. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment