Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Confessional


Photobucket

I've missed a few weeks but I'm back.  Yay!  So, here goes:

I confess...

Last night I saw about 10 deer on the road.  After I drove by them, I kind of wished I would have hit one of them so I could buy a newer car.  It would have been a great excuse to do so.  My car is getting old.  In order to get it to pass inspection we just spent $900.  But I had my daughter in the car and it would have probably killed the deer.  It was just a split second and I'm really glad it didn't happen.  So don't hate me!

I confess...

I was talking to someone who thought people were overreacting about the 5 cases of measles in Salt Lake.  I may have told them off.  My hubby teaches at the school and had one of the kids in his class who had the measles.  See blog post here.  Needless to say, I'm so glad I got her my baby girl her first MMR shot as soon as she could get it.  I am really glad I took her to get her second MMR shot (per her pediatrician's advice) on the day I found out about it.  I kind of want to punch people who don't plan on immunizing their kids.  I think it is irresponsible and selfish.

I confess...

I really hate my plain, non-creative header on my blog.  I just haven't made the time to do anything different.  I think this has kept me from wanting to blog.  I really need to do something with it.

I confess...

After my baby was born and in the NICU and then with her health/development issues, I took a little break from exercising...no time, no desire.  It just wasn't top priority.  Two months ago I kicked my booty in gear and started working out again.  I've lost about 13.5 inches on my chest, waist, hips, thighs and arms.  I didn't have a scale when I started so I'm not sure how much weight I've lost.  But I feel better and clothes fit better.  I really like doing Zumba and kickboxing workout videos and going to my friend Charlotte's Zumba class.  It is a lot of fun.  I've actually owned Zumba videos for about 8 years.  I think it is funny that it has just become the craze lately when I've been doing it for years before it was cool.  In fact, I have old roommates that still make fun of me.  Bless their hearts! :] I'm excited for the weather to get warmer so I can do outdoor workouts.

I confess...

I used to be such a clean freak.  I loved to organize.  I even helped a few friends and relatives organize and declutter their homes.  But when I was pregnant and on IV therapy and bed rest, I just couldn't do it.  Then, with Sophia's NICU stay, her seizures, club feet and developmental issues, I lost the desire to be so.  It still drives me crazy when things are dirty but I'm able to look past it.  I look at my home and the old me would be so annoyed with the new me.  But life goes on.  I'd like to say I feel guilty about it, but I don't.  My daughter needs me more than I need to clean my house.

I confess...

I decided I was going to take a break from a few people that have been a source of drama in my life for a while.  It was so nice to step away from it for a bit.  I really hate drama.  A friend of mine posted the following quote on her FB page:

"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I really like the quote.  If I find out who said it, I'll let you know.  So, I've decided that I'm going to follow the advice in the quote.  Life really is too short and there is too much good in the world to focus on the drama.


Want to play along? Head over and link up with Mamarazzi and/or Glamazon, grab the button, add it to your Confessional post and then link it. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with your feelings on people who don't immunize. I really believe that there is a reason why we were blessed to have these immunizations. The untimely death of so many children needed to be stopped. And just because so fool in England FORGED a paper and research findings, everyone now thinks their kids will get autism.

Sorry to hear about the trails with your daughter. I really hope things get better and that she is doing well.

And good for you for getting back into shape. It's so funny how it just hits you one day. I can't wait to start working out again after I have this baby. I lost about 18 pounds before I got pregnant, and still have about 30 to go. So, yeah, good for you!!

mCat said...

I am with you the whole immunization thing! My besties son who is typ 1 diabetic was a suspected case for several days while they ran blood tests. Even though he had been immunized, because of the diabetes, he is immunocompromised. It was very scary for those couple of days, and all I could think about were those parent who won't immunize their kids!

Myya said...

I came to say hi cuz I saw your button on Vanessa's blog & she said she knows you IRL & I adore her so I figured you'd have to be pretty cool too.

Great first impression with the blog design... I love me some fun colors & well polka dots are awesome!

I absolutely agree with the whole immunization thing. Why would parents not immunize, I just don't get it! Wouldn't you do anything & everything in your power to ensure your kids are healthy... umm duh such common sense! I'm with you on the punching them in the face thing too! I got your back!!

Congratulations on the weight loss, that is so great! I am having a hard time with it. 3 lil ladies in 5 years has done a number on my body. Not to mention the no time issue LOL.

Clean freak... oh man I wish I had the clean gene. I mean I am not a scum, but organization is definitely not my thing!

Mamarazzi said...

oh girl i am soooo with you on immunization. modern medicine is there for a reason, i would do whatever i could to protect my child!

love zumba...love it!!

i laughed about the deer, you are a nut, so funny!