Thankful: Gratitude, appreciation, or thankfulness is a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.
Here is my list for this Thursday:
1) I am thankful for Michael. I know! I said it last week but it is as true today as last week. So why not list him? :] It is amazing how he can calm the storms of life just by wrapping his arms around me, being cozy with me and telling me he loves me. He is so good to me and good for me. I sure do love him!
2) I am thankful for Fridays, my day off. I haven't felt very well this week which I am sure is due to allergies. They are not as bad as when I lived in Kentucky but they sure have been kicked up a notch by all of these wind storms and bad air quality. I am happy I get to sleep in tomorrow!
3) I am thankful for good friends. It is amazing to me how lucky I am to have so many great friends that have each had a significant impact on me and who I am today. And it is also amazing how we can stay close, even though some of you are so far away geographically.
4) I am thankful for my Mom. She is one of the most amazing women I have ever known. She gives so much and loves with everything she has. She is so accepting and loving to all who meet her. She forgives easily and never holds a grudge. She gives great advice, even if I don't always take it. :] She is so fun, too! She isn't just a Mom, she is a true friend.
5) I am thankful that my car is now paid off!! YAY!!!! I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to have it paid in full. One more thing to check off my list of things to be paid and to one step closer to becoming debt free!!
I was only going to do 5 each week, but I am making an exception.
6) I am thankful for tithing. As some of you know, I got laid off from my job a few months back. They gave me unemployment (along with almost half the staff of the company that was also laid off), which was helpful. But, as you know or could guess, you only get around 60% of your wages (if you are lucky). Anyhoo. When it came to paying tithing, I must admit that I struggled a bit. But then Michael and I decided that together, we wanted to pay an honest tithe. And I have to tell you that tithing is the biggest blessing!! We would have things coming due but would pay tithing instead and within a day or two I would pick up an extra serving shift or Michael would pick up a substitute teaching job or both! It is strange but we have been making less money and have somehow been paying our bills and paying off some! It works. I hope I can always remember how blessed we have been by doing so. :]
Well, that's my list for this week. Hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to copy the idea if you'd like. It is not an original idea of mine but I have definitely benefited from it. :]
7 comments:
I love it! I really am going to use your idea. I said that last week too, but maybe this week I'll really do it. I need to remember to be more thankful!
Your mom is great. The way you described her sounds just like my mom. So forgiving and never holds a grudge. We were lucky girls to have such great parents!
We do have great parents! Sometimes I think about what a stinker I was growing up and I feel bad. But I know that they will have their vengeance when I have a daughter like me! I'm scared!!
It's funny how easy it is to let blessings and items of gratitude slip by unnoticed. When I sat down at my computer to write the blog tonight I had to think about it. But once I opened my mind, the flood gates opened and I thought of a ton of things I am grateful for, six of which I posted. It has been good for me.
I don't see my name on that list! You're going right on the top of my Sucky Saturday's list, lol :) Love you anyway Terd Ferguson!
I think you should really start a Sucky Saturday list. That would be hilarious!
Yay for Thankful Thursdays! I'm glad everyone's being so Thankful. And who says you can't list your husband every week? I think I say I'm thankful for the internet every week
I may start a Thankful Thursday, or maybe I'll do Wonderful Wednesdays? Hahaha... It's amazing, when you start to think of the things you're grateful for, just how much there is to be grateful for!
BTW- isn't Tithing amazing?!!! When Heaven;y Father says "prove me!", gosh dang it, He means it! We have also seen the blessigns of Tithing in our lives... like a $2000 car repair bill, and a much larger-than-expected tax return... While we had other "plans" for the money, we had enough to pay for it without having to go into debt. We are so blessed to have the gospel!!!
Actually, I really do like Saturday's, but I'll have to come up with something. Maybe Tartan Tuesday's :) I love your tithing choice - tithing blessings are amazing!
Get this. I paid tithing Sunday. Then yesterday, I was telling Alif about this one gas station on the way home from his work that is only $3.71 instead of $3.85 by our house..I KNOW! Anyway, I woke up today and the gas station right by our house, that we go to all the time, had gas for $3.73. ALL along the same street everything was $3.85 still. Isn't that so weird? So I jumped on the blessing and filled my car right up :) I love Heavenly Father!!!! You're not so bad either :) Ciao for now cow!
Post a Comment