Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thankful: Gratitude, appreciation, or thankfulness is a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.

Well, another week has come and gone. Lots of reasons to be thankful. Here they are:

1) I'm thankful we are able to go to S & K's wedding (Michael's brother) this weekend in Colorado. We were worried with my training that it wouldn't be possible. But I found flights that will work and we are heading out this weekend. YAY! I can't miss a day of training, so it will be a short trip for me. But I'm just thankful I won't miss it!

2) I'm thankful for my new sister-in-law. I absolutely adore my sister-in-law to be. She is one of the most genuine, nicest, sweetest, likable, and funnest people I have ever met. They have been dating for longer than Michael and I have known each other and I'm glad they are finally making it legal. She already felt like part of the family. Now she soon will be official! YAY!

3) I'm thankful for my sweet husband. He has been so great to me during the long, late hours of training. He has made me lunches and done extra around the house. He is always great about house work but he has done more than his share. It has really helped to keep me sane. And tonight, I came home to him still being awake. He wanted to have some Nancy time (no, not THAT kind) and so he waited up for me. I was pleasantly surprised and really happy because I have been missing being able to spend time with him at night before we go to sleep. Thanks sweetie! I love you!

4) I'm thankful for the friends I have been making in training. It has been so fun to get to know so many people from all walks of life and become friends. Many of us have exchanged blog addresses and become Facebook friends. It will be really nice to have that network of friends as an extension and an outlet of my job.

5) I'm thankful for Heavenly Father teaching me patience and giving me a glimpse into the term "enduring to the end" from both sides of the spectrum. I was looking back over the last several months and just how long it took and what I had to go through to get hired on with JetBlue. I turned in my application(which I swear was like 40 pages long) on January 16, had three interviews, an extremely extensive background check (a 10 year background check which included pages and pages of information about the last 10 years of employment, housing, schooling, and professional references, etc.), then came a phone call with a recruiter, an email telling me I was hired, another phone call with a recruiter, and finally Orientation and Training, which started on May 22. I am so grateful I got chosen. I feel really blessed to have been. They told us that in 2007 they received 100,000 applications and only hired 3,000 people. I'm not writing this to say I'm so wonderful. I'm just glad it worked out for me. :] I wondered! I remember back a month or so before training started I got really overwhelmed in wondering if things would ever just happen already! I had already been hired on but my start date still seemed so far away!! I remember praying really hard for faith to see things through. I knew they would but I just needed a little inspiration and peace. After that prayer, I felt so calm and I knew everything would be okay. I just needed to be patient. It's amazing what you can learn about yourself and the world around you if you listen and absorb life's lessons.

Well, that's my list for this week. Happy blogging!

3 comments:

Nikki A. said...

Aw, tender :) Question. Why do you put initials of people when this is a private blog? I would like to know who these people are, ya know. Just food for thought. Hope all fab :)

Nancy said...

I didn't put full name because that is what Michael does on his blog with his family. I figured I would do the same with his family. That and in case I change it to be a public blog, info will be protected. YAY!

Kristen said...

I love your thoughtfull thursdays! I SO hear you about the application process, but I am so thankful for it, because it chose me :) I feel really lucky and blessed to :)