Here is a picture of the group of us in attendance (minus Michael who was taking the picture):
We were all hovering around the book and looking at the pictures while my Mom told us stories of the pictures and the background behind them. Some of her baby pictures I was clueless about the history. I left the journaling blank so my Mom could fill it in. She has the most beautiful handwriting I have ever seen. I, unfortunately, inherited my Dad's handwriting. I am planning on scanning the book once my Mom fills in the journaling portion of the book and then giving a copy to all of my brothers and sisters for birthdays. Everyone is really excited. I also had the idea to email all of my extended family and ask them to send me their favorite memories of Laurie to include in the book. It was so much fun to read how much Laurie was adored and admired by so many people. We sat around and read the stories people sent. We laughed and cried. It was so great. It brought back all of the reasons why Laurie is so special to us. I am so glad I was able to do this for my Mom. Love you Mom! I hope you had a great Mothers Day!
3 comments:
You are the best daughter ever! That was the sweetest idea. You are amazing! I hope you felt the love from your sweet spirits letting you know how much they love you on Mother's Day!
That was a priceless moment. I'm so happy that all your hard work paid off. You really are the greatest!
You guys are so sweet. It was so much fun for me that it hardly seemed like work. I did get a bit stressed at the end because I wanted to get it finished in time though.
I did feel very comforted on Mothers Day. It was a nice day. It helped that the speakers didn't focus on mothers the entire time. That is the first sacrament meeting I can remember that the talks were on other subjects. I hope you felt that same comfort, Carolynn!
Post a Comment