Do you ever feel weighed down by all the things swirling around in your head? Things you want to say to people but don't or things that make your bootie itch that you need to get off your chest? Well, I have a few. And, thanks to Mamarazzi and Glamazon (blogs I follow and love), I am going to let it out...in small doses. Don't want to scare/scar you for life. So, on with it...
I confess...
*I don't miss working outside the home. Not one bit.
*I never was a career oriented person. I was good at a lot of things but didn't care enough about it to make me feel fulfilled doing it.
I confess...
*I don't understand why people want to go Vegan. I love meat.
*I could eat Steak and all you can eat Shrimp at Sizzler every day for a week and still want it.
*I love milk. If I could take a bath in it, I would.
I confess...
*Lately it seems like I'm surrounded by Debbie Downers, Christy Critical and Cindy Condescending. It makes me tired to be around/talk to/or whatever. Life is stressful. Life is hard. Sometimes it downright sucks. Accept it and move on. You (and everyone around you) will be happier if you do so. Not trying to trivialize your problems but, you know what...We all have problems. I don't want yours and I'm sure you don't want mine.
*Don't be condescending and tell me I have no problems compared to you. If you really want to win the contest, whatever. You can climb the mountain to be the King. I've got better things to do.
*When people point out my flaws and short comings, it makes me want to punch them in the face. I know I'm not perfect. I don't need you to point them out.
*My landlady embodies all three of the above "qualities". June can't come soon enough! Anyone know of a place coming up for rent this summer? :]
I confess...
*When people use "your" when they really mean "you're", it makes my skin crawl and my butt twitch.
*But I have no problem when people say, "Y'all". Does that make me a hypocrite?
I confess...
*I want another baby desperately but it scares me a little to get pregnant again. Not because of the labor. It sucked but 17 hours went by faster than I thought it would. Especially the last 4 or so hours that I spent finally epidurally medicated. It's the constant nausea and IV therapy for 7+ months of my pregnancy. I'm afraid that if it happens again I won't be strong enough to do it.
*I also don't know how people can muster the energy/stamina/mental capacity to deal with 2 or more kids. How on earth did my mom have 6?!!
I confess...
*I love cheesy TVLand shows like The Nanny and Three's Company. Michael doesn't understand it but he still loves me. So much that he bought me the first season of The Nanny for Christmas. He's sure great!
I confess...
*I have held back from confessing a few things...like how much fun I have with my hubby in the bedroom and I feel bad for women who don't have the same experience with it. (Oops! It's out there.) ;]
*If I get negative comments in response to this post, I plan to erase them. So don't bother hating.
*I've enjoyed this more than I thought I would. It feels good to put this out there.
Phew! Done. Hope I didn't make you pee your pants out of fear or the bluntness of this post. I didn't hear any screaming, so I guess I'm okay. So, do you have confessions you need to get off your chest? Here's what you do...go visit Mamarazzi and/or Glamazon, grab their button, add it to your Confessional post and then link it up. Other than sex and ice cream, it is the best! ;]
18 comments:
i am so with you on the debbie downers. i wish people would just knock it off.
after all, what you pay attention to grows...so do you want more good or more bad? yep, that's what i thought.
i totally use y'all and have the same peeve about your vs you're...so if you are hypocrite then you are in good company, cuz i am a lot of fun!!
i thought about going vegan for about 20 min...i blame Oprah, that chick sucks me in every time. the hubz is suuuuper happy this is her last season. he is tired of coming home to my/her bright ideas...lol.
oh and i am soooo glad you added that last little bit about the bedroom...so funny. i feel bad for those women too.
and erasing the haters...girl! love that!!
thanks for linking up!!
I made a list of pet peeves earlier this week and you hit on a few of those in this post...Debbie Downers, for instance. They've been wearing me out too! The glass is half full, people...HALF FULL! Geez. Also, your and you're. How hard is it to use them correctly?! One is a possessive pronoun and the other means "you are". It's simple.
Great confessions! Doesn't it feel good to get it all off your chest?! I was LOLing over your statement "make your butt itch" or however you worded it. Cracks me up.
Really enjoyed your confession!
I agree I am so grateful that the Mr. and I have a fun and great ummm relationship... lol and feel awful for those who don't.. I mean without that how do you get through the hard times... I mean sometimes the disagreements are SO worth it! Ok maybe I said to much...
Anyway glad you linked up!
Have a great weekend.. and "The Nanny" is the best!
I agree with the debbie downers. I think there are people in life who want others to be unhappy because they are unhappy. & seriously, life isn't a competition. Stop treating it as such.
I couldn't be vegan either! I love red meat!
I feel like a lot of your confessions today mirror my week. I posted earlier this week about peoples' bad news and it getting me down. And I totally hold back on that last thing too: about my relationship and others' not being as good. We do a couples' night thing with some friends and I get the feeling they aren't as happy as we are. And that kinda makes me feel like a heel! Anyway, happy Friday!
Nancy your post is pure awesomeness. I <3 you!
I had never heard y'all until I moved to Ohio. It is completely different from 'your' and 'you're' so no you're not a hypocrite (I really wanted to use it wrong there to be funny. heehee)
I also feel sorry for women who do not have as much fun in the bedroom with their husbands as I do with mine.
I am also fearful of getting pregnant again. I was sick all 9 months as well. However, having my gallbladder out this time might make things different.
I enjoyed your confessions and have mine posted at www.thehickmanfour.blogspot.com
THe your/you're thing gets me but so does the their/there/they're mix-ups. Come on people, it's not that hard. Remember that high school English and get it right.
I have fun with my hubby too--even with two kids in the house. AND we are so not having any more kids. That nine months with the second was no fun. Delivery--not so bad, but the getting there--awful!
You are cracking me up.
And I think I heard somewhere that it's ya'll, not y'all. I remember because it made absolutely no sense in my mind, but the person who told me seemed to come from a place of knowing. If you know I'm wrong, please tell me.
I get twitchy over possessives poorly done, such as a billboard I saw once that said "Keeping up with the Jones'," and I screamed, "Keeping up with the Jones' WHAT?"
I love a good steak.
More to say but I've gotta run!
Oh, I almost decided to go to zumba last night and would've called you, but I ended up falling asleep with my son at 8. Ha!
word verification: cowsingl
Glad I'm not THAT anymore!
I am with you on pretty much everything you said!!! The steak, the fear of baby #2 (very normal reaction for us, especially, I think)I don't miss having a job at all either!!! (AT ALL!!!) and I love and miss ANTM so much!
Oh, and also the Bedroom comment...Oh YEAH...hahaha...
Love ya!
This post is exactly why I love you Nancy! Venting is such a healthy habit, I think I might just do the same thing on my blog. Thanks for being brave enough to let it all hang out. I think everyone needs to do that.
I am anti-Debbie Downer too. They beat me down on here AND on crackbook.
I'm a teacher turned SAHM so I get the whole grammar thing. It irks me too!
I want another baby too but my eggs are aging at lightening speed! Ugh.
I'm glad you have fun in the bedroom with the hubs. {I DO TOO!}
I love your wedding pictures! So beautiful!
I'm way over Debbie Downers! Thankfully, I don't really have any in my life right now. I just wish all women had the confidence to know that sure, life sucks, but it's also way awesome! y'know?
Also...Steak & All You Can Eat Shrimp At Sizzler=AWESOME.
What gets me, is reading teacher turned SHAM blogs (not IA, but a friend of mine) that has the WORST grammar and use of your/you're there/their/they're and other things. I'm the worst speller and grammar person out there, but spell check people!
One child families make me smile. I have four going on five (due in June) and all the being scarred about number 2 is funny to me. Maybe, because I've never had them and always knew I would have a big family. It just makes me smile. Number 2 is hard at first, but totally worth it. By number 4 you just don't care! LOL!
Love the bedroom comment. I have never come across so many prudes then when we lived in Utah. Must be a Mormon thing and how people there teach their kids about sex. Oops. I said it. ;) LOL! No worries here. Maybe that's why we have 4.5 kids!
I'm been in a Debbie Downer sort of way. Trying to find my way out.
I hear ya on the baby thing. We adopted a little boy and then we had a bio. baby. I was sick for the whole nine months with plenty of stays in the hospital and even got my appendix out while prego. I would love to get pregnant again...if we even can, but just like you said, I don't know if I am strong enough to handle it. Good luck!!
Great post Nanc!! I confess that I knew all these things about you except your aversion to vegans, lol!! I totally agree with everything. I'm also sorry that your landlady is still a beast :( I'm so with you on the grammar thing & I too despise their/there/they're as well as to/two/too. As for y'all, you're completely good! My understand is that it is a "conjuction" for 'you all' so the proper way to use it would be y'all. Good job! TMI on you and the hubby, but I'm happy for you :) Way to rock the sass!! Love you like a sister. Wait...what?!? Heh heh :D
Christy Critical - I am so using that one for a few particular people!
Love confessions, I just wish I had something juicy to confess!
Post a Comment