1) Easter Candy...particularly Cadbury Cream Eggs (or as my HSLP and I call them, our fat pills) and Cadbury Mini Eggs (see pictured above)
2) Crunchies. I first had these in London, England while doing a study abroad and fell in love.
3) Snaps. They are delicious! (Snaps for Snaps!)(50 cool points if you know the movie)
4) Licorice, especially brown licorice. Although since they changed the type of chocolate they aren't as good.
5) Bit O Honey. A bit o yummy is what they are!
6) Rice Krispie Treats. Not just any kind. The kind that have Karo Syrup, sugar, peanut butter, topped with butterscotch and milk chocolate chips. Old family recipe. They are so rich but absolutely divine! (You just have to be careful not to eat too many in one sitting. Karo Syrup keeps you regular!)
7) Purchasing scrapbook supplies. I have to admit I love shopping for them as much, if not more, than the act of scrapbooking itself. Other than adhesive, I have enough stuff to scrap for a very long time. But that never got in the way before...so why stop now, right? ;]
8) Wearing Michael's BYU sweatshirt that I bought him for Christmas. It is so soft and cozy. Next time I will have to buy me one as well.
9) Watching Friends on DVD. I have now collected all 10 Seasons of the series and I watch at least one episode before I go to bed every night. It's my bedtime story. :]
10) Watching movies at the theater (or theatre if you are British). It's not just the show, it's the experience of going to the movies that I love, especially the ones I went to the midnight showing.
11) Reading with Michael. I love reading with him. I love his voice and the way he gets into the story and does voices. I love how we make predictions on how things will work out and then compare notes at the end.
12) Blog surfing/stalking. It's so interesting to read other people's blogs. It's fun to see what they think is blog worthy and it's interesting to hear someones "voice" while they are telling their story.
13) Buying movie soundtracks. Sometimes the best mixes of great artists come in the form of movie soundtracks. I always pay attention to the music in a movie and can usually recall what music has been in what movie. The music in a movie can either make or break my movie experience.
14) I love a clean bathroom! I know! It's a strange one. I don't get pleasure in the cleaning of it but having it completed.
15) The same with the kitchen.
16) Sleeping in.
17) Our cozy bed.
18) Taking naps with Michael on Sunday afternoon.
19) Going out to lunch with Michael and/or friends.
20) Sizzler's Steak and All-You-Can-Eat Shrimp platter. I eat nothing but shrimp there and take the baked potato and steak home for lunch the next day.
21) Staying up late.
22) Going on a drive through the mountains after it has rained.
23) Going to Barnes and Noble and finding a couple of books I want to read and an empty corner somewhere. I read the first chapter or two to see if it is good and holds my interest. If it doesn't, it goes back on the shelf.
24) Watching a really sappy chick flick while Michael is not home.
25) Quoting movie lines. My family can have full conversations in movie quote mode. It is hilarious!
26) Bursting into song and making up my own words to the music. One of Michael's favorites is, "Every time you go away...you take a piece of meat with you."
27) Dancing in public. Not just at dance clubs. The grocery store. The mall. Whenever the music hits me just right, I have to dance. I just can't stop myself. Many a roommate wished I would have tried a little harder. ;]
28) Reading the same books over and over again. And not just the Twilight series. I have a couple that I like to reread every couple of years.
29) Making people laugh. There is no greater joy in the world! It's like crack to me.
30) Steamed milk with hazelnut and cinnamon. Something my London Study Abroad professor introduced me to and I was immediately hooked.
31) Pepsi. I have being drinking Pepsi all my life and I have always loved it. I am sad to say that I have only had 3 Pepsi's since July. Ever since the miscarriage it makes me sick. Sadness and sorrow!!!
32) Facebook. I was sent an invite by a friend in England so we could keep in touch 2 plus years ago. And, as soon as I got on, I was immediately hooked.
33) Grandma Sycamore's Home-Made Bread. I could eat a whole loaf with nothing on it. It has made me into a bread snob. I have a hard time eating any thing else.
34) Overpacking for a trip. As anyone who has gone on a road trip with me can tell you, I bring everything I own, including the kitchen sink. Why should I leave it behind? I have tried to narrow it down to what I can fit into my 2 suitcases and my purse. I just like to have options for things to wear and things to do whilst gone.
35) Taking long, hot showers. I don't get to do this very often. But, when I do, I indulge. Especially since we got our new shower head. The hot water lasts longer.
36) Writing lists. It helps me to see it on paper. If it is written down, I don't have to keep it in my head.
37) Eating raw cookie dough So good!
38) Eating raw crescent roll dough. Yummeye!
39) Gifts shops. I love looking at all of the fun trinkets. I can spend hours.
40) Talking on the phone to friends. I am one of those people that like talking on the phone. I find it relaxing. Since starting my current job, I haven't done as much of it.
41) Texting. It is so nice to be able to send a text with a quick question taking 10 seconds that otherwise would have taken at least 10 minutes of phone time. (Yes, I realize this sort of contradicts #40. But sometimes you just don't have the time.)
42) Soaking in a Hot tub. Not something I get to do very often but I love it!
43) Playing board games. Between the two of us, we have quite the collection.
44) Playing card games
45) Getting cozy on the Love Sac with Michael.
46) Watching nerdy shows like Farscape and Stargate SG-1 with Michael. It is a frelling good time!
47) TV on DVD. We have recently rewatched some of the classic television shows of yester year. Netflicks is the greatest! So are our friends Curtis and Lesslie, our own personal video store. :]
48) Lemons. I love lemons. I cut it in half, sprinkle a bit of salt on it and scoop it out like a grapefruit. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
49) Staying up after Michael has gone to bed. He is a morning person and I am a night person. We read scriptures, pray and get cozy and then he goes to sleep. After he heads to sleepy land, depending on if I am tired or not, I get up and do my thing for a bit. Then I sleep in and Michael has his time. It works for us.
50) People Commenting on my blog. It is rewarding for me to see people enjoy what I've posted. Since chatting with a friend (whose blog I've been following for about 6 months) who told me she didn't realize I had been following her blog, I am trying to be better at posting responses on other people's blogs, too. If I haven't posted on yours, don't take it personal. I'll get there. :]
Hope you enjoyed the list. Thanks goes to m.writes for the idea and the picture.

3 comments:
I must say I think I get the award for best comments, right?? J/K. I think it's pretty funny when people come up to me and say "Oh I LOVE your blog!" and i think... why don't you leave me comments? It IS fun when people leave you comments. Anyway, this was so fun and it makes me wish you lived closer 'cause i would totally hang out with you to munch on Cadbury eggs and raw dough, BUY pretty scrapbook paper just to admire it, drink steamed milk and all that fun stuff. I totally over pack too. Like you said, you GOTTA have options! Anyway, that was fun. I will totally get around to doing a list like this soon.
I'm glad you enjoyed it Marissa! I wish I did live closer to you, too! We always had a good time back in the day. I've been trying to be better about putting comments on blogs. It is a nice feeling to see people's comments. You are always great like that! :]
What a great post. It is so fun to read things that I never knew about you. I think I may have to put this on my blog. If I could think of that many...
Post a Comment