I was on the LDS Church website and saw this statement regarding the hype involved in the upcoming episode of Big Love on HBO. From what I have heard and read, it apparently will depict most likely exaggerate and/or half truths about things we hold sacred in the Church. In particular, it will depict their version of our temple ceremonies. When I found out about it, I was pretty upset. But after reading the statement linked above, I agree with the leaders of the Church and feel it isn't worth any more of my time to fret. Instead, I will continue to try to be a good example of what we truly believe and leave others to come to their own conclusions. I hope you enjoy the article.
3 comments:
I love the way the church handled it. We really don't have much to be worried about, because the church always finds a way to thrive & move on. I love how confident the leaders of the church are.
I got to use this in my lesson this week (I'm teaching the Elders again in my new ward). The lesson was on peacemaking and one of the things I focused on was not being offended, or reacting to bad stuff. :)
That's awesome! I thought of this during the Relief Society lesson on Sunday as well. It really is such a great example to me of how I need to treat situations such as these. Glad you liked it! The leaders of the church are definitely inspired. :]
Post a Comment