Friday, August 21, 2009

Baby Brain



I never understood what people meant when they said "Baby Brain" until I got pregnant. I've never had such a shlooshy mind in my life! Even when I was single and going dancing all the time and not going to sleep until 3am and then waking up at 7am for work, I still had a higher functioning brain. Some people say they got their brains back after they gave birth, some people say theirs is gone forever. I hope it comes back someday!

4 comments:

amaree said...

I figure when I am sleeping through the night again, I do a little better... Unfortunately, it feels like I've either been pregnant or nursing or both almost my entire marriage... Shlooshy brain? Yep. Got that one!

Mrs. Walker said...

Mine is gone forever. It's like a literal brain fart...where I know what I was thinking about is wandering around somewhere...but I can't remember what it is...

Nancy said...

I love it! I'll be in the middle of a sentence and totally forget what I was saying. The best is when I go to a room and forget why I went there. I come back and realize I had towels in my hand and that I was putting them away after just folding the darn things! If I couldn't laugh at myself I would be a sad sad creature right about now! :]

[in training] julie b said...

We lovingly refer to them as pregnancy stupids. And I feel like my mind came back somewhat after a while, but you will always know, you aren't REALLY all there. =)