It's also funny how when we focus on the negative, that is all we see and when we compare ourselves to others, it will inevitably make us unhappy. Case in point, I was flipping through the channels the other night and Jimmy Kimmel had Heidi Klum on his show. She just had a baby 6 weeks ago and was already modeling underwear for a Victoria's Secret runway show. I thought to myself, "I wish that would happen to me but I know it won't." (She had the body before the pregnancy, too. That probably helps.) ;] But then I thought about it later and decided that it was okay that it wouldn't happen. I am happy to be me. Whenever I have moments like that, a line from Stuart Smalley from SNL comes into my head. "You're good enough. You're smart enough. And doggone it, people like me." It not only makes me chuckle but it makes me happy remembering that I am okay to be me.
Thanks for the reminder, Tara. Anyone who reads this may feel free to accept the challenge. Just don't hate me because I'm beautiful! ;]


2 comments:
YAY! Nice post, Nancy! Also, I won't hate you because you are beautiful. ;) It is so much better to love ourselves rather than put ourselves down. I really like the pictures you posted, too. So funny, but so true! :) Love ya!
I love the cartoons... you're always good for a fun laugh and smile.... thanks!
Love you cous!
Post a Comment